Sunday, November 16, 2008

No More Excuses...the testing results interpretation

Based on my VO2 max, I have the capability to become at least a Cat 2 racer and could train up to elite levels with the right training. This number could increase slightly but not by very much since it is mostly a genetic characteristic. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Based on the LT numbers I am now in the range of a Cat 3 racer (which is very odd since I had trouble with placing top 5 in Cat 4 races). This is from the ranges in the book Training and Racing with a Power Meter by Allen and Coggan.

So this is great! but it also kind of sucks. Now I have no more excuses for doing badly in races.

Despite this, it is quite motivating for my training over this winter to know that I have the potential to be fast. Now I just have to keep riding and knock out those hours one by one until the final count is 220 in February. Hey maybe I can go to Nationals this year?

1 comment:

The Pedal said...

In addition to the whole VO2/LT thing, there is also the issue of racing tactics, so to say that there are no more excuses is not true. You could always pull out the "Man those guys were lame, I was pulling the whole race and no one would help me" excuse.