Sunday, November 30, 2008

Saturday - Long Ride to Cape Ann


Today I rode around Cape Ann for the first time. It was a long journey, but one well worth it. I burned about 2500 calories, and stopped to take in food a few times. Lunch was a massive cheese steak with pepper, onions, and mushrooms. And a big M&M cookie.

Cape Ann is beautiful, and there are so many unique things about the communities that you ride through. I went through Beverly, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Gloucester, and Rockport. Little unique shopping areas with cafes and local restaurants. The concrete was decent, but there was some traffic almost the whole way. I went 89 miles total.

The Pic is me next to the Fisherman's memorial in Gloucester, MA. It is a monument to the brave souls who bring us fish from the ocean every day. Its the most dangerous job, so this is well-justified.

Ride time: 6.5 hours - long-ass base ride
Feeling: 90%
Post Ride Food: More Thanksgiving leftovers.
Sleep: 8 hours - ok quality...dog keeps waking me up in the night

Week Progress: 12/16.5 hours

No comments: